Moving to Italy with International Movers

International Moves with Professional International Movers to Italy in Toronto, ON & Surrounding Areas

Moving to Italy can be a daunting task if this is your first international move but working with international movers from Monarch International Moving in Toronto, ON Canada can streamline the process with their help and expertise. Keep on reading to get a summary of how to prepare for your move.

Foreign Citizens Moving to Italy

  • Visa on Passport
  • Copy of Passport
  • Certificate of Taken Residence
  • “Permit to Stay” from the Italian Police Department
  • Italian Fiscal Registration “Codice Fiscale”
  • Completed and Signed Customs Form from the shipper

Italian Citizens Returning to Italy for Residence

  • Copy of Passport
  • Consular Declaration from Italian Consulate
  • Inventory of Goods in Italian and Signed
  • Italian Fiscal registration “Codice Fiscale”

Foreign Diplomats

  • Copy of Passport
  • Signed and Completed Customs Form from Shipper
  • Application to their Embassy in Italy, Addressed to the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
  • Signed Inventory in Italian

Used Items

Household goods that have been in your belonging can be duty-free if all the paperwork above is properly completed and submitted before your move. There are several restricted and prohibited items you should not send with your household goods. For example, some are subject to licenses which must be completed and received before shipping.

Restricted Items

  • Walkie-talkies
  • Ammunition
  • Naked Steels
  • Drugs
  • Cordless Electronics
  • Live Plants
  • Animal Skins and Products
  • Cigarettes, Cigars, Tobacco
  • Firearms
  • Audiovisual Appliances not marked CE

Additional Regulations and Guidelines

  • Art: Antiques, sculptures, and paintings, all must be cleared via the Italian Arts Commission
  • Pets: A rabies vaccine and a certificate of origin and health in Italian required for dogs, cats, and birds.
  • Television: Inspected due to the requirement of paying tax and licensure to the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications.
  • Vehicles: Motor cars and motorcycles can be admitted duty-free if you are a foreigner taking residency in Italy, have the original title, registration, and manufacturers’ date with a copy of your insurance allowing use in the national territory.

International movers are here to help you plan your move from Canada to Italy. These regulations stated above will help you know what to expect as you start planning. Via your international movers and the Customs, you will receive further guidelines.

Contact Monarch Moving Systems

Contact our international movers, Monarch Moving Systems, in Toronto, ON to plan your next move.

Contact Monarch International Moving